Today is day 2.
That means 20 facts about me. Oh boy.
- The first fact is that I am a mother. But that you probably already knew. I mean I mentioned it in my introduction and the name of my blog is Mother to a Zoo. So surely I’d be a mom, right?
- I am married. We just celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. We have been together for 9 years though. We met when I was in high school and have been together ever since.
- I have 4 children. Again another “Duh” fact but still a fact. I always wanted a lot of kids because I enjoy them for the most part. Although, between you and me, I really thought I was done after two. Not that they were bad or anything but I was satifsied. If I hadn’t been able to had more I would have been okay. Things would be a lot less chaotic for sure, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
- I love to babywear. I seriously wish I had known about it with my first because that would have made things so much easier. I found out about it when I had my second. But I didn’t know an awful lot about it. I bought a ring sling off a Facebook swap and shop and hated it. It was from the 90’s probably and it was WAY too big. It was more of a pouch. I did attempt to use it because I didn’t know any better, but rarely used it because I never felt my baby was secure. With my 3rd I purchased a Moby wrap and it was love at first wrap.
- Only 5 so far? Wow. I feel like I should be at 10 at least. Anywho. I have 4 dogs. Dogs have always been a very important part of life for me. I didn’t always have dogs though. Most homes didn’t allow it or we just weren’t able to. Currently I have 2 huskies, a pit, and a shih tzu mix. I am an advocate for rescuing and adopting, however I also see the need for proper breeders. I’m not talking about the breeders who constantly have litters and just pair up whomever, but the ones who research their lines and are bettering the breed. Will I breed one day? Possibly. My male husky is good quality for the breed, though a little on the larger side. My female is only 7 months so time will tell.
- I am 24. Holy cow I know. Only 24? Well I’ll be 25 on October but yes. Only 24. I started my life young and do not regret it for a second. Has it been hard? Hell yes. I won’t lie. Has it made me see things differently? Of course. But I would do it all over again.
- I like food. Okay, that was a little bit of a lie. I LOVE food. I love to cook food. I love home made dishes and recipes. I have a smidge of a sweet tooth so I like to bake and decorate cakes and such, but I love to just cook. Cooking and cleaning help me relieve stress. It’s my calm happy place. Weird huh? Cooking is usually chaotic and messy.
- I’m from Florida. I was born in Orlando and grew up over the middle of florida. I lived on St. Pete, Tampa, Mims, Orlando, a little bit of everywhere. I moved to Georgia when I was 14/15. It sucked. Not that there is anything against Georgia, but I was just starting high school and had to not only change schools, but entire states. I couldn’t see my friends, I didn’t know anyone, it was teenage hell.
- I am a Christian. That’s possibly a big shock. I choose not to talk about religion because everyone has their own beliefs. And that’s perfectly fine. I’m not a very good christian. I question a lot of things. I am not one to judge you though. That’s not my place, nor will it ever be. I accept everyone. That’s what true Christians are meant to do. If I don’t accept everyone, regardless of nationality, sexual preference, serious preference, how can I expect God to accept me?
- Halfway there. My 3rd child was halfway planned. I had my birth control taken out earlier in the year. I was tracking my periods with an app and I wanted to test the accuracy of it so I went and bought a dollar ovulation test. I took it when the app said I was ovulating and sure enough it was spot on. I forgot all about it and well… you know the rest. I announced baby number 3!
- Is 10 enough? Probably. But I shall continue. I am a CNA. Though I no longer have my license, I will always be a cna. Currently I work in home health as a PCA (which is basically the same thing just lack of a license). I truly enjoy working in the healthcare field. It’s not for everyone. I enjoy working with the elderly because I get to hear a lot of history from a first hand point of view. In fact, my client currently is British! My dream job though is to work in labor and delivery. I’d love to be a doula or midwife.
- I dabble with photography. I wouldn’t say I’m an amateur but I wouldn’t say I’m a professional either. I’ve taken classes on photography and I’d say I’m quite good at it. My favorite shoots are birth shoots and boudoir. I like maternity shoots too. I really just lile capturing the moment. I prefer a more natural setting than posed. I love to capture raw emotion.
- I know how to groom dogs. We moved to North Carolina a couple years ago and while there I started working for a dog groomer. I started out drying dogs and moved up to bathing and eventually learning how to groom. I really enjoyed it. I’m not the best by any means. I still groom dogs occasionally, but not since my blades need sharpening and my clippers are tryin to quit.
- I am an introvert. I tend to keep to myself. I prefer quiet reading to loud parties. I really hate going out most of the time. I feel conflicted more often than not, because while I’d prefer to stay in I would also love to be invited out. I rarely get invited to do things. I try not to let it bother me, but sometimes it gets the best of me.
- I’m a libra. I love balance. I am the mother hen to my friends usually and I tend to be fair. At least I’m told that. I don’t put too much into zodiacs. I do enjoy reading about it though. Fun fact: my Chinese zodiac is a monkey. My husband’s is a rat. On one of our first dates we went to a Chinese restaurant and saw the zodiac on the placemats. According to it, our zodiacs are soulmates.
- I like to play video games. Whether it’s on the PlayStation or computer or even my phone. I love Sims on the computer only, I really enjoy Call Of Duty but don’t get to play since our PlayStation quit on us. And I love playing Ramsey Dash on my phone.
- I have breastfed each of my children. Each for various lengths of time. With my first it was less than a month because she had to stay in the hospital an extra week and I had no way to pump. My second I breastfed until I went back to work when he was 8 weeks old. I was a cna in a nursing home with no time to pump at all. With my 3rd I made it 5 months. Then I started drying up because he was getting a bottle instead of straight from the tap. With my last I have made it almost 8 months and still going strong.
- I attempted to cloth diaper my 3rd. I really wanted to make it work but I just couldn’t het the hang of it. I still use one of my cloth diapers I got with him as a swim diaper. Works perfect and he loves it.
- I enjoyed this more than I thought I was going to. I really dreaded this. Part of me thought it was going to be easy, and the other part thought it was going to be hard. It wasn’t as easy as I thought, but not too hard either. It was hard to come up with 20 things, but once i did it was easy to write about them. The words just flowed.
- Every post I make is a spur of the moment post. It’s not planned out or written up and edited before hand. It’s a constant flow of my thoughts as they come. Would it be easier to write things out and plan first? Sure. But where the fun in that.
That’s it! 20 facts about me. I hope you learned something new! If not, I hope it was a good read. Thanks again!